Top 5 Best Performing Mutual Funds To Invest In 2017
Every new year comes with some new surprises and expectations for all of us. The market trends and scheme’s performance tend to fluctuate which leads to the changes in the positions held by them in the list of top ones. Last year we provided you with the list of the top mutual funds for investing, and here we have listed out the top 5 best-performing mutual fund to invest in 2017.
The list has been made after analysing various factors which include the portfolio concentration and performance in the market last year. Our financial experts have made in-depth research and came out with the following top 5 mutual funds:
1. ICICI Prudential Balanced Fund
- Scheme’s Objective: Optimising the risk-adjusted returns by diversifying assets between equity and debt markets. In the case of a bullish market, the equity investment goes up to 80%, while in the case of a bearish market they come down to 65%. Accordingly, the dynamic allocation of invested money in debt mutual funds by this scheme reduces the volatility of returns on investment.
- Fund Performance: It is ranked third in the ‘Balanced Fund’ category by CRISIL for the quarter which ended in September 2016. It is offering 20.2 and 18.9 percent returns on an annualised basis for three- and five-year investments. The absolute returns in the past were appreciable and reached up to 45.3 percent in 2014.
- Suitability: This plan is best suited to the investors seeking long-term wealth creation solutions and want to earn balanced returns with investment in both equity and debt instruments.
2. Kotak Select Focus Fund
- Scheme’s Objective: To provide long-term capital growth to the investors by investing in the equity and equity-related securities predominantly of some specific sectors.
- Fund Performance: It is ranked first in the ‘Large-Cap’ category by CRISIL. The returns on an annualised basis offered by the scheme are 22.8 and 19.8 percent respectively, on three- and five-year investments. The absolute returns have reached up to 57.8 percent in the year 2014.
- Suitability: It is best suited to those investors who are seeking long-term growth opportunities by investing in the equity stocks of companies falling in some focused sectors.
3. Franklin India Prima Fund
- Scheme’s Objective: To provide medium to long-term capital appreciation primarily, and providing regular income on the secondary basis.
- Fund Performance: It is ranked Third in the ‘Small & Mid-Cap’ category by CRISIL. It is yielding returns at the rate of 29.6 and 25.7 percent on three- and five-year investments on an annualised basis. Moreover, the absolute return on the scheme has been up to 77.7 percent in the year 2017.
- Suitability: The plan is best suited to the needs of such investors who are seeking long-term growth of capital by making an investment in the mid- and small-cap funds.
4. HDFC Mid Cap Opportunity Fund
- Scheme’s Objective: Generating long-term capital appreciation from a portfolio which constitutes equity and equity-related securities of small and mid-cap companies.
- Fund Performance: The scheme is ranked second in the ‘Small & Mid Cap’ category by CRISIL. It has offered absolute returns up to 76.0 percent in the year 2014. The annualised returns on three- and five-year investments are 29.8 and 25.1 percent respectively.
- Suitability: The fund is suitable for the investors who are seeking capital appreciation over a long-term period with investments in the small & midcap stocks.
5. DSP Blackrock Focus 25 Fund
- Scheme’s Objective: To provide growth opportunities to the investors by making an investment in the equity stocks of top 200 companies as per the market capitalisation.
- Fund Performance: It is ranked first in the ‘Large-Cap’ category by CRISIL. The absolute returns offered by the scheme reached up to 49.8 percent and the current annualised returns on three- and five-year investments are 19.7 and 15.0 percent.
- Suitability: This fund is best suited to the investors seeking long-term capital growth by investing in the large cap stocks.
These top-performing funds are the best schemes to gain superior profits on your investments. If you want to invest in these best mutual funds, you must avail our online mutual fund investing services. The financial advisors & support team of MySIPonline will assist you in making the correct selection and taking the right investment decision.
- LTCG Tax Is Not As Negative As it Seems; Here’s Why?43074 min read Jan 01, 1970
- Sensex Plunges Over 1000 Points; Should You Buy or Hold Your Investments for Correction?44033 min read Jan 01, 1970
- Sensex Dives Nearly 840 Points: Things to Consider and Experts’ Take45013 min read Jan 01, 1970