7 Key Lessons for a Smart Investment in Mutual Funds
Making a successful investment in mutual funds is a challenging task for everyone. It is quite difficult to make an apt choice from a large number of schemes. Investment planning is not just putting the funds into a scheme. Instead, one needs to keep many things in mind so as to achieve the set financial goals from his/her investment.
As an investment brings financial stability in one’s life, it becomes necessary for an individual to take the right decision in this context. Hereunder are seven most important factors that must be kept in mind while going for investments in the mutual fund programme.
- Set a Clear-Cut Investment Goal: Wherever money matters are involved, it becomes crucial to have a straight-forward approach. One must fix the objectives first before going into the process of initiating investments. If you have an aim for investing, then you would be in a better position to make the accurate choice so as to fulfil all your desires. Also, never get confused in different objectives, as a set goal would result in the achievement of manifold benefits.
- Do Consider the Risk Appetite: Not all the investors have a similar risk-bearing capacity, and hence, it is crucial for one to take into consideration the risk profile of the programme. It is not right to say that if a scheme is risky, then it would be non-beneficial. As, if we consider the common rules of business we would come to know that high risk equates higher profits. So, it is all your perspective and criteria of making the choice, to opt for a plan that suits your requirements the best.
- Do Not Put All the Eggs in One Basket: The general rule of mutual fund investment provides that diversification of funds assures minimised risk and hence, higher returns. So, instead of making the investment in a single scheme, sector, or organisation, you should opt for diversifying the funds. With this, your money shall not be highly exposed towards risk and be less prone to market volatility.
- Stay Invested for a Long Duration: Whenever you think of making mutual fund investments, just remember that you have to put your money into them and forget it. The reason is, if you invest for a long-term period, you shall definitely yield accumulated returns that would convert your money into wealth. Although, MF caters short-term investment needs as well, but the returns in the long run are highly appreciable.
- Ensure the Proficiency of Your Fund Managers: The money that we earn with immense hard work, must be handed over to such fund managers who are experts in their domain. As the role in the case of mutual fund investments is played by the managements of the fund houses, it is important to make the right choice in this regard. So, before putting your monies into any scheme, take a review of the past performance of the mangers of that particular strategy.
- Be a Regular Investor: There is a saying that goes, “Successful investing is about managing risk, not avoiding it.” Risk can be managed only if we try to conquer it, and regularity in investments can help in managing the same. Also, mutual fund programmes provide returns on the compound rate basis, and if we will keep investing in them on a regular basis, we would be able to earn accumulated returns on the interest as well. Hence, you should opt for SIP plans to counter market risk and earn compounded returns.
- Make a Well-Defined Asset Allocation: The returns are directly proportional to the performance of the projects or schemes in the market. So, make sure you are allocating your funds in the most accurate and promising strategies. Before making a selection of a plan, evaluate its past records and then take the decision. It would ensure fulfilling of your desired needs and make your investment an achievement in itself.
So, if you too are looking for a better advice on making an effective investment in mutual funds, then these above-mentioned tips would definitely help you in making the right choice. As a guide, we can help you in the best manner to take the correct decision for your future. You must get associated with us at My SIP Online to experience the difference.
- LTCG Tax Is Not As Negative As it Seems; Here’s Why?53034 min read Jan 01, 1970
- Sensex Plunges Over 1000 Points; Should You Buy or Hold Your Investments for Correction?53683 min read Jan 01, 1970
- Sensex Dives Nearly 840 Points: Things to Consider and Experts’ Take54923 min read Jan 01, 1970