DSP Natural Resources and New Energy Fund: Generate Long-Term Growth
DSP Natural Resources and New Energy Fund was launched on 25th April 2008. The investment objective of the fund is to generate capital appreciation and create growth opportunities for the investors by investing in equity & equity related instruments of the Indian companies whose primary activities can be related to natural resources, alternative energy & energy technology sectors with a primary focus on energy storage, on-site power generation, renewable energy and enabling energy technologies.
The scheme can also invest in equity instruments of overseas companies which are engaged in distribution, production, development, and discovery of alternative energy, and natural resources.
Important Details About DSP Natural Resources and New Energy Fund
Before investing in any mutual fund, it is essential to know the important details about the fund to identify suitability as per your financial goals. This approach will help the investor in determining the overall information about the fund to enhance the worth of his portfolio. Here are the important details about DSP Natural Resources and New Energy Fund to be known by every investor before investing in this scheme.
- DSP Natural Resources and New Energy Fund is operated by DSP Mutual Fund.
- The fund maintains expense ratio at 2.67% as noted on 31st Aug 2018.
- Rohit Singhania and Jay Kothari are the fund managers of DSP Natural Resources and New Energy Fund since June 2010 and March 2013, respectively.
- DSP Natural Resources and New Energy Fund is a thematic fund where significant assets allocation is in the energy and natural resources sector.
- It is an equity oriented fund where 94.43% is invested in equity and equity related instruments.
- The fund manager majorly (87.60%) invests in stocks of the large-cap companies, followed by mid-cap (11.82%) and small-cap companies (0.57%).
- This mutual fund is a better option for investors who want to invest for a long-term horizon.
Benefits of Investing in DSP Natural Resources and New Energy Fund
- The fund generates higher risk-adjusted returns than other funds of the category.
- It maintains a lower risk measure as compared to the benchmark.
- Considering past performance for a long-term horizon of the fund, it can generate higher returns for the investors.
- The major assets allocation in equity instruments showing higher growth in the long-term horizon along with stability.
- The increasing government interest in renewable energy sources indicates that there are high chances of DSP Natural Resources and New Energy Fund to grow in future. So, investing in this fund may generate capital growth for the investors.
Past Performance of DSP Natural Resources and New Energy Fund
Since inception, the fund has maintained an annualised rate of returns at 11.41% as on 1st Nov 2018. In last 3, 5, and 10-years, it has generated a higher rate of returns at 22.03%, 21.06%, and 16.04%, respectively as compared to the benchmark of 21.60%, 13.40%, and 11.28% serially. It has also outperformed the average category performance and become one of the best performing thematic mutual funds.
MySIPonline always favours investors to invest in DSP Mutual Fund to fulfil their investment objective in a time-horizon. The existing MySIPonline investors can track the performance of the DSP Natural Resources and New Energy Fund on their dashboard regularly every day and with the help of SIP Calculator, You can calculate the value of your SIP investments at different periods.