Five Giant Equity Funds That Have Crossed the AUM of Rs. 15,000 Crore
In the recent phase of the market, the mutual fund investments have attracted a lot of investors with impressive capital size. In the overall scenario, the top gainers were the equity funds as most of the newbies want to achieve sky-high profits. Today, we are going to reveal the name of the top mutual funds which have received a bulk of investments in the past few months.
These five schemes are also in the top recommendation of the financial planner as they are receiving the attention of the top management of the respective fund houses and are personally managed by the senior fund managers and the chief investment officers of the respective AMCs.
Here Are the Five Equity Mutual Funds That Have Crossed Rs. 15,000 Crore Mark
- HDFC Equity Fund : Making way toward high growth, this fund has been proved to be one of the most rewarding mutual funds. With a steady walk heading forward, it showcased a consistent performance during its initial years. Mr. Prashant Jain took the management of this scheme in the year 2003, and since then, it is aggressively moving upward providing amazing growth to the investors. Mr. Jain stuck to his convictions and had not tumbled back in taking concentrated bets on the top 10 holdings accounting for nearly 55% of the total capital. It managed to attain consistent growth in its NAV despite facing bad patches due to market uncertainty. The wealth managers strongly recommend this scheme to the investors who can stay invested for a long-term period and withstand short-term volatility. Some of the other schemes managed by Mr. Jain are HDFC Prudence Fund and HDFC Top 200 Fund. You can see the amazing growth of this scheme since 1999, in the chart image below:
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity : Consistently second rank holder of CRISIL ratings under the category of large-cap funds for the quarter ended September 2017, this scheme has proved its potential in generating returns since its inception. It was launched in the year 2002 and has managed to showcase increasing growth. The fund manager Mr. Mahesh Patil started managing this scheme in the year 2005 and has proved his excellence by making this scheme provide good returns in the long run. It has recorded the AUM amounting to Rs. 18,969 crore as on September 30, 2017, witnessing a great flock of investors in the past months. You can see the amazing growth of this scheme since 2002, in the chart image below:
- HDFC Mid-Cap opportunities Fund : It is the largest mid cap funds with the assets under management amounting to Rs. 17,917 crore which is nearly to three times of its closest rival. It was launched in the year 2007, and since then, Mr. Chirag Setalvad is managing its operations to reap the best benefits for the investors. The top three stocks of this fund are Voltas, Aurobindo Pharma, and Sundram Fasteners, which accounts for the holding of 2.88%, 2.62, and 2.56% respectively. Mr. Setalvad has put in great effort to manage the scheme in a way that it has provided amazing returns in the long run. Check out the growth of this fund since its inception in the chart below:
- ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund : With the assets under management amounting to Rs. 16,744 crore as on September 30, 2017, this scheme is one of the peers which crossed the mark of Rs. 15,000 crore in the recent past. Providing excellent growth to the investors’ capital has been the primary motive of this fund. It is less likely to experience failure as it invests dominantly in the large and giant companies’ stocks which together accounts for 83% of the total capital. The fund manager, Mr. Mrinal Singh is managing this scheme since 2011. He possesses a vast experience of working in this industry which helps him to make strategies in managing the fund. That is why his efforts are visible in the excellent growth of this scheme See the growth history of this fund in the chart below:
- SBI Bluechip Fund : Again, a second rank holder in the large-cap space by the CRISIL for the quarter ended September 2017, this fund is also in the list of top five equity schemes that have crossed the mark of the asset size of Rs. 15,000 crore. The fund has managed to beat both its benchmark, i.e., S&P BSE 100, and category with a good margin in each of the last five years. It has rewarded the investors with handsome profits who stayed invested for the longer tenure. The fund was launched in the year 2006 with the objective to attain high growth by investing in the compatible stocks of the large companies. Sohini Andani started this scheme in the year 2010, and she succeeded to apply appropriate strategies to fetch healthy growth in the long-term duration. The chart given below shows the growth path of this fund since its inception:
All the five schemes as mentioned above have been through the various phases of the volatile market since long, but they have proved to be among the best choices for investments. These schemes are handled by the top official management and the senior fund managers of the respective AMCs. They have successfully chased the mark of Rs. 15,000 crore of AUM and become the top five giant equity funds among the peers. If you too want to add these exclusive mutual funds to your portfolio, which are currently reaching the heights in terms of the asset size, then don’t wait for the time to be right. Until you give it a start, it won’t revert back.
- LTCG Tax Is Not As Negative As it Seems; Here’s Why?49324 min read Jan 01, 1970
- Sensex Plunges Over 1000 Points; Should You Buy or Hold Your Investments for Correction?49893 min read Jan 01, 1970
- Sensex Dives Nearly 840 Points: Things to Consider and Experts’ Take51193 min read Jan 01, 1970