Tata Ethical Fund: A Shariah Compliant Plan
Tata Ethical Fund is one of the best performing mutual funds in India, which would definitely grab your attention if you are looking for a promising mutual fund investment. It is a Shariah-Compliant plan and thus meets all the requirements of the Shariah law and the principles articulated for the Islamic finance. Accordingly, it makes the investment in such companies which comply with the provisions of Shariah law.
Tata Ethical Fund is an open-ended equity scheme which invests the money in a well-diversified equity portfolio based on the principles of Shariah. Its objective is to provide medium to long-term capital gains. It has investments in the equity and equity-related instruments of Shariah-compliant and growth-oriented companies. If you are interested in making a worthwhile investment in this strategy, then you must take a glance at its overview as mentioned below.
Tata Ethical Fund (Growth): Investment Details
This scheme is open ended by nature and offer the opportunity to opt for the growth plan of investment. Tata Ethical Fund was launched in the year 2004 by the Tata Mutual Fund. Earlier this strategy was known to be Tata Select Equity Fund and then it was repositioned into a dedicated Shariah Fund and renamed as Tata Ethical with effect from September 5, 2011. It has a minimum investment requirement of Rs.5000 and can be optioned for making SIPs as well.
This programme is best suited to those investors who seek to invest in the Shariah-compliant stocks. The major attributes depict that it avoids investing in the companies that are indulged in activities like alcoholic items, gaming/casinos, non-halal food products, and conventional financial organisations. Furthermore, it invests in low leverage companies which are the ones that have lower debt to equity ratios.
Tata Ethical Fund: Performance Analysis
Tata Ethical Fund G has been ranked third under the Diversified Equity category by CRISIL for the quarter ended in June 2016. It is performing among the best ones since its inception and yielding significant returns for the investors to help them accomplish their goals. It has offered tremendously higher absolute returns which have reached up to 41.6 percent in 2014. Its current offering for three- and five-year investment is 19.2 and 17.1 percent respectively which are higher in comparison to its benchmark, i.e., NIFTY 500.
Tata Ethical Plan’s NAV is another parameter to evaluate its performance. It has been amounted to Rs.135.794 which is remarkable enough to depict its market position. Furthermore, SIP returns of this scheme are also appreciable which can be computed by the investor before investing by using SIP return calculator. Accordingly, you must consider this mutual fund investment plan before taking the final decision. Further, read the portfolio analysis that would help you in gaining some more knowledge about the same.
Tata Ethical Fund: Portfolio Review
This plan has an asset size of Rs.510.07 crore as on September 30, 2016. Around 95.25 percent of the assets has been invested in the Shariah-compliant equity and equity-related instruments. Remaining 4.75 percent of the fund has been put in the cash and cash equivalents to gain diversification. Moreover, Tata Ethical Fund has an average market capitalisation of Rs.40,255.19 crore.
The sector allocation graph of this scheme provides that major asset allotment by the strategy has been made in healthcare, automobile, technology, FMCG, construction and engineering. The top holdings include Castrol India, Infosys, Ultratech Cement, Maruti Suzuki India, Bajaj Auto, Shree Cement, and so on. This shows that Tata Ethical has investments in companies with high growth potential and thus ensures yielding of higher returns over a period of time.
Thus, the investors seeking long-term investments to earn remarkable returns must add Tata Ethical Fund Growth to their portfolio to give it some more worth and earn maximum returns. We have recommended this plan to our clients due to its market-held possession and substantial track records. If you too want to grow your wealth, then add this scheme to your investment portfolio right away.