|Fund Type||Open Ended|
|Benchmark||CRISIL Balance Fund|
|Asset Size(Cr)||30303.72 (As on Aug 31, 2017)|
|Fund Manager||Prashant Jain (23.7)|
|Min SIP Investment||500|
|Min Addl Investment||1000|
|Exit Load||1% for redemtion within 365 days|
- Returns for less than one year are Absolute, and those for more than one year are Annualised (CAGR).
|Fund Name||Ratings||1 Yr Rtn.||3 Yr Rtn.||5 Yr Rtn.|
|HDFC Prudence Fund (Dividend Payout)||
||-8.02 %||-2.74 %||3 %|
|ICICI Prudential Equity & Debt Fund (G)||
|Reliance Equity Hybrid Fund (G)||
|DSP BlackRock Equity & Bond Fund (G)||
|Aditya Birla Sun Life 95 Fund (G)||
|HDFC Prudence Fund (G)||
|No. of Investment||Amount Invested||Investment Value As on date||Units Purchased||CAGR|
| No. of Investment
|| Amount Invested
|| Investment Value As on date
|| Units Purchased || CAGR
The graph depicts the wealth generated or the historical returns offered by the SIP investments made in the selected time horizon.
|Total Amount Invested||Investment Value As on Date||Total Units Purchased||Abs. Return|
| Total Amount Invested
|| Investment Value As on Date
|| Total Units Purchased || Abs. Return
The graph depicts the wealth generated or the historical returns offered by the lump sum investments made in the selected time horizon.
|Sector||Value(In Cr)||Allocation (%)|
|Holdings||Instrument||Industry||Rating||Market Value||% to NAV|
Launched in February 1994, HDFC Prudence Fund is an open-ended balanced fund from HDFC Mutual Fund. It is an equity-oriented plan which aims at appreciating the capital with primary investments in the equity stocks and shares. Investors can start investing in HDFC Prudence SIP plan to gain the benefits of both the worlds. Here we have tried to provide greater details of this scheme to help you know whether you should buy, sell or hold this fund in your portfolio.
The scheme holds a predominant position in the market with the primary objective of providing periodic returns and capital appreciation over a long-term time frame. It is a judicious mix of equity and debt instruments having the goal of preventing capital erosion due to market moves or other factors. The fund has a growth style of investing with a benchmark named CRISIL Balanced Fund. It is ranked ‘Third’ as per CRISIL rating for the quarter which ended in December 2016. This shows the market held position of the scheme.
The further details of the scheme which are of prime importance while selecting it include:
As of now, the scheme is a consistent performer and is expected to grow money in the future. Although past performance and returns do not signify and ensure future returns, they help in getting a rough idea of how a scheme will perform. The absolute annual returns of the scheme in the past have been appreciable and reached up to 51.6% in the year 2014.
Being a balanced fund, it is offering the dual benefits of capital growth and regular income. The annualised returns of the scheme for one-year investment are 27.80 percent. Moreover, the three- and five-year investment returns are 20.50 and 15.60 percent respectively. It is an outperformer in its category and tends to produce exceptional returns as against its peers and benchmark. Its market holding and three-star rating are evident that the scheme has the potential to grow money as per the expectations.
With a huge asset size amounting to a Rs.17,776 crore, the scheme has made primary investments in the equity and equity-related securities. Around 75 percent of the total assets has been parked in equities while the remaining 25 percent has been invested in the debt instruments. It has total ninety-six stock investments which tend to ensure high worth and capital appreciation.
The sector allocation graph of HDFC Prudence Fund depicts that the majority of the funds are invested in the financial, technology, energy, diversified, automobile, and engineering industries. These sectors tend to offer great opportunities for growth as they are performing well in the market. The top holdings of the scheme include State Bank of India, Larsen & Toubro, ICICI Bank, Infosys, Tata Steel, and Reliance Industries.
Accordingly, it can be concluded here that the fund has the potential to enshrine the financial health of the investors over a period of time. It is a balanced fund, and thus it will help one in gaining both financial stability and capital growth to secure the present as well as future financial life.
If you are among those who wish to make the best investment and prevent your invested capital to grow rich while making current financial status stable, then HDFC Prudence Growth Fund is the right choice for you. You must take free consultancy from our fund advisors and experts to gain further understanding as to how it is the best scheme for you and how can you invest in it. They will help you in making a worthy portfolio without compromising on the risk factors.