|Fund Type||Open Ended|
|Benchmark||S&P BSE 200|
|Asset Size(Cr)||2539.46 (As on Jan 31, 2019)|
|Fund Manager||S Krishna Kumar|
|Min SIP Investment||500|
|Min Addl Investment||500|
|Period||Returns(%)||Benchmark Returns (%)|
- Returns for less than one year are Absolute, and those for more than one year are Annualised (CAGR).
- All the returns are calculated as against the performance of Nifty Free Float Midcap 100.
- The benchmark for the funds falling in small- and mid-cap category is Nifty Free Float Midcap 100.
|Fund Name||Ratings||1 Yr Rtn.||3 Yr Rtn.||5 Yr Rtn.|
|Mirae Asset Tax Saver Fund (G)||0.61%||21.72%||%|
|HDFC Long Term Advantage Fund (G)||-1.92%||17.59%||15.49%|
|Motilal Oswal Long Term Equity Fund (G)||-10.66%||16.77%||%|
|DSP Tax Saver Fund (G)||-4.15%||15.09%||17.15%|
|IDFC Tax Advantage (ELSS) Fund (G)||-11.47%||14.97%||15.76%|
|Period||Returns (%)||BSE 200 (%)|
|No. of Investment||Amount Invested||Investment Value As on date||Units Purchased||CAGR|
| No. of Investment
|| Amount Invested
|| Investment Value As on date
|| Units Purchased || CAGR
The graph depicts the wealth generated or the historical returns offered by the SIP investments made in the selected time horizon.
|Total Amount Invested||Investment Value As on Date||Total Units Purchased||Abs. Return|
| Total Amount Invested
|| Investment Value As on Date
|| Total Units Purchased || Abs. Return
The graph depicts the wealth generated or the historical returns offered by the lump sum investments made in the selected time horizon.
|Sector||Value(In Cr)||Allocation (%)|
|Holdings||Instrument||Industry||Rating||Market Value||% to NAV|
When a mutual fund offers tax benefit by investing across the market capitalisation, then surely it will be considered as the best scheme in its category. Sundaram Mutual Fund offers one such scheme under the ELSS category, i.e., Sundaram Diversified Equity Fund. The fund is providing dual benefits of delivering growth to investors across the market as well as tax deduction up to Rs 1.50 Lakh under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961. It is an open-ended Equity Linked Tax Saving Scheme with a statutory lock-in period of 3 years. The AUM of the scheme is Rs 2,607 Cr as on Nov 30, 2018, with an expense ratio of 2.23%.
Sundaram Diversified Equity Fund (Tax Saving Plan) aims at generating long-term capital appreciation to the investors by primarily investing in the equity and equity-related securities. You can invest in the fund through lumpsum or SIP online mode. If you are not able to decide how much amount you need to invest, then you can also use SIP calculator and calculate the tax deduction under Section 80C through Income Tax calculator.
The fund has invested its 90%-95% of the total corpus in equity and the rest 5% in debt as well as money market instruments. Currently, it is holding stocks of 61 companies in its portfolio out of which 37% are giant companies, 17% in large-cap space, 37% in mid-cap, 8% in small-cap, and a small part of the corpus is in micro-cap companies. The fairly diversified portfolio of Sundaram Diversified Equity Growth Plan select the companies which have long-term growth perspective, robust management, and high credit ratings.
The fund manager of Sundaram Diversified Equity Fund Growth, Mr S Krishna Kumara is not at all deviated towards its benchmark while allocating the assets. Its sector includes finance, technology, engineering, and construction industries, which are placed in the high conviction bets of the fund manager and his team.
The fund has faced underperformance in the past, but in last 4 years, it has performed consistently, outperforming its benchmark as well as category. Sundaram Diversified Equity ELSS Fund has delivered high returns to its investors in the long run and helped them to reach their goals. However, the fund manager, Mr Kumara joined the fund in 2015 and under his leadership fund has made good returns, so investors need to wait and watch how the fund will perform in the downside market and how it outperform others in category in the upside market conditions.
The tax saving mutual fund, Sundaram Diversified Equity Scheme play aggressively and has high-risk in its portfolio. Therefore, the investors who have a penchant for high-risk as well as long-term investment tenure of 5-7 years should invest in the fund. Considering its 3-years lock-in and taking into account the volatility in the stock market, it is suggested by us to invest in the fund through SIP Plan instead of lumpsum.
Hence, it can be concluded here that online investment in Sundaram Diversified Equity Fund- Growth Plan shall offer the expected returns to the investors in order to provide growth in the long run. So, you must add the fund to your portfolio for taking tax deductions as well as sound future. You can also read why it is essential to have an ELSS plan in portfolio.
Please fill the below form and an investment advisor
will get back to you within 24 hours.