L&T Low Duration Fund: An Optimal Choice for Conservative Investors
A simple investment philosophy, extensive research analytics, and a highly effective decision-making process have been adopted by L&T Low Duration Fund. The L&T mutual fund has launched the scheme on Dec 04, 2010, for such investors who want to generate income in a short-term with lower risk. The fund significantly invests in the debt instruments and money market securities which mature after 91 days but within 12 months.
L&T Low Duration Fund- Growth Plan is following the three key principles which include:
- Major shifts in portfolio strategy should be driven by longer-term as well as shorter-term aberrations in interest rates.
- Avoiding swings in the duration of the portfolio to achieve consistent investment performance.
- Last but not least, by adjusting the traditional investment tools and adding advanced future options.
So, if you are also looking for investing your surplus cash for a short-term, then you must read the in-depth details of the fund.
How Has L&T Low Duration Fund Performed in the Past?
Investors who are looking for a way to get a good rate of return on investment without the interest rate risk of bond funds should consider investing in L&T Low Duration Fund G. The fund has generated the returns of approximately 8% since its launch. It has always outperformed the benchmark as well as peers to deliver high returns to the investors.
L&T Low Duration has delivered the highest returns of 10.23% in the year 2014. Besides this, the compounded annualised returns growth of the fund for the past three, five, and seven years was 8.00%, 8.66%, and 8.63%, respectively. The fund generated the alpha of 7.55% in the past three years (as provided on Sept 30, 2018). However, L&T Low Duration Plan is riskier than its benchmark as well as peers, because it has higher Standard Deviation as compared to other funds in the category and index. This investment vehicle enhanced returns over cash and lower volatility than longer maturity bonds. These all make the fund a good plan to invest the cash for a short-term duration.
Benefits of Investing in L&T Low Duration Fund
L&T Low Duration Fund Growth Plan invests in the ultra short-term fixed income securities as well money market instruments, and the fund offers various benefits to its investors. They can make a good percent of returns in a short-term, and its other features which make it more beneficial for investors are discussed below:
- The fund is more liquid than fixed deposits, though, they have an exit load of 1% if the units exceed 10% of the investment when investor redeem the amount within 270 days.
- L&T Low Duration Fund G is more tax efficient in the long run as compared to fixed deposits. However, after one year of the investment, the returns as well as income from the fund are treated as a long-term capital gain and is taxed at either 10% or 20% after indexation.
- There are chances that you gain high returns even in a short duration if there are changes in the interest rates. The papers may give high returns if the repo rates get a decrease in future by the Reserve Bank of India. The investor gains from the accrual of interest on the bonds in the fund’s portfolio.
- The fund is more flexible than fixed deposits. You can invest a small amount every day, month or quarter, as per your investment profile and also get the benefits of compounding.
The credit quality of L&T Low Duration Fund Regular Option may vary from A to AAA depending upon the outlook of the fund management team on interest rate and quality. Various analytical capabilities are used to determine value and risk characteristics of every individual security as well as of the aggregate portfolio. So, if you want to grow your corpus in a short-term, invest now in L&T Low Duration Scheme.
Also, for outstanding investment services and the best experience, connect with the experts available at MySIPonline.